Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Is there more danger now?

For some reason this post wasn't sent through when I wrote it so I will attempt to resend now.

My niece Lauren,9 years old, is playing on the carport. I can see her from where I am at and I find myself constantly looking to make sure I see her. I have everyone checking on her every five minutes. I am sure I have gave myself an ulcer. I am not worried that she will leave the carport. I worry about someone else getting  or causing harm to her. Yes I live in a small town but crime,evil, is everywhere. I remember when my kids were her age and younger how I would keep a close on eye  them when they were outside but I feel either there is more danger now or that I am more aware of how much bad is out there in the world. That the nice ol' grade school teacher down the road may not be such a nice person. That your smiling neighbor or helpful co worker or the ones that are suppose to be the ones you go to for help are going to cause more harm than anything else. Does the danger seem more so now or has it always been this way all along and now with technology and social media we just hear/see about it more?

No comments:

Post a Comment