Thursday, July 25, 2013

Dreams, Gods and Hookers

Today has not been a good for the most part. I woke up with a headache. I had nightmares most of the night. Not really nightmares more like bad dreams. I have always been a vivid dreamer. Sometimes I remember most of the what I dreamt and other times I forget within minutes of being awake. For some reason the bad ones stick around more  than the good ones. Some people say that dreams are just a result of manifestations of our deepest desires and anxieties. In the Greek and Roman periods, the people believed that dreams were direct messages from the gods or from the dead, and that they predicted the future. As for me I try to think to much on it. My brain is not a nice place to be most of the time. My mind wonders enough as it is during the night, no telling what goes in when I have no control over what I think. That would be like being a sex addict and living a block away from hooker central.
  I keep having this recurring dream about being chased by this wolf like creature, a werewolf. Its not a simple as me trying to outrun the monster though. I am in this mansion like house. There is people trapped in cages and I have to solve a riddle, puzzle or some kind of test in order to save them. There is a time limit on how long I have to save them and I am being chased by this werewolf creature at the same time. Actually it doesn't look like a werewolf it looks like the Hyena-Swine from Dr. Moreau Island. If I don't save them within the time frame allowed they are horribly killed and their ghost haunts the rest of the dream saying " Why didn't you save me. I am dead because of  you". The dream always ends the same I am running down a dark hallway I see the door at the other end but its locked. The monster is so close I can smell his putrid breath. I trip and can't get up cause my legs don't work and then the creature is laughing as the people in the cages are being killed and he is looming over me with his mouth open, blood and gore is oozing out of mouth on me. He gets ready to take a bite of good 'ol Jen. I wake him.
  So, what's your interpretation of that dream? Is it that I feel guilty for not protecting someone? That I feel that everyone depends on me? Or could it simply be because of the books I read? I don't know myself...
 What do you dream about?

No comments:

Post a Comment