Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Sentinel By Jeremy Bishop Book Review

I just have finished The Sentinel By Jeremy Bishop. This was the first book by Mr. Bishop that I have currently had the pleasure of reading. I was tired of reading the same old plots and wanted something different. I'm glad that I chose this book. I think I may have even gotten for FREE from Amazon. The first half of the book is a little slower. We get to know the protagonist, Jane Harper. Jane is a strong, sarcastic and level headed. After the first half of the book (55% according to my kindle) things pick up pace and doesn't stop til the end. The book take place in the frozen landscape of Greenland. Jane starts out undercover aboard an anti-whaling activist boat and ends up stranded on a seemingly deserted island. There is a mixture of Viking myth and folklore (which I loved) concerning the "monsters". They were a mixture of Zombie/Vampire (no sparkling here hehe sorry I couldn't help myself). If you like your books with a little gore,action, adventure with a dose of dark humor and a splash of snark then you would like this book. When I got to the part about the polar bear I knew I had to finish this book and find more books by the wonderful Mr. Bishop. On a side note I loved the cover,mainly because our heroine is clothed and not showing off all of her assets. -:)

**I am not a representative of Amazon or the Author and/or Publishing Company. I was not paid or asked to make the above review**

No comments:

Post a Comment