Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Turning 37 and ranting

Over the weekend I turned 37. I have dreaded turning 37 for the past ten years, since I turned 27. Why you ask? Well the answer may not make sense to anyone but me. My mother died when she was 37. My father died when he was 47. My grandparents also died with the number 7 involved. So, I have the fear of turning 37. Of course if I think about I was born on 07-06-1976. So that already has a couple of 7's then add in turning 37. It scares the beejee bee's out of me. Is this irrational? Without a doubt it is.I try not to dwell on it but I just can't seem to not think about it. 
  On to other things.. I have been looking through the e-books over on Amazon. A lot of the ones I have been sifting through are those that are free or the 99¢. I have never heard of most of the authors. Some of them have been good but a lot have been awful. I like the fantasy genre along with the fantasy sub genres. Here lately most of the books I have came across are like the same book! Maybe change the supernatural being around or something is the only difference. Maybe throw in several sex scene. Now don't get me wrong I like a good steamy sex scene but come on people if you are about to be slaughter you really don't have time for a quickie in the shower! Or leaning on tree.. really a tree?Another thing I can not stand is the "insta love" . You know what I am talking about...One look across the room and our eyes met and I knew that was soul my mate and I can not live without them. Really?I also don't like those that take over half of the book to convince the main character of the paranormal or supernatural exists. What about those that have the main character's family was killed in an auto accident/murder/abandoned at birth? Its like the same book over and over again..Maybe I should find a different genre to read for a while...
   I suppose that is enough bitching for one post... Till next time my friend..

No comments:

Post a Comment