Sunday, July 21, 2013

Dark Thoughts and Good Books

I woke up this morning to another day. I bet you thought I was going to try to say something clever. Nope, not me. If you are looking for clever you are at the wrong place. I am listening to Time after Time By Ozzy Osbourne. I find that listening to good ol' Oz helps soothe me. My mind has not been a good place lately. I feel like dark closing in. I try everything in my power to keep the storm clouds at bay knowing  regardless that I will be consumed by them in the end. Sometimes I wonder why do I fight a never ending battle that I know I can not win? Then I look to my daughter laughing at something her father told her. I listen to my son who has is discussion making a cricket farm, to use as bait for his latest obsession, fishing. My youngest niece who still thinks I am the smartest and best aunt ever. I know that what I am gonna say may sound lame but they are what keep me going. Music helps. Music helps use to help more that it does now. But I think I have damaged my hearing with all those years of music blaring as loud as I could get it go. So, now books have taken the front. A good book that can draw me and take me on an adventure outside of my head. My head is dangerous place to be sometimes. Here lately more so than it has been in a long time. If only I was talented enough to write but as you can tell my grammar sucks and I think the I love the genius who invented spell check.
   This morning I started reading, The Sentinel By Jeremy Bishop, it is different from what I have been reading lately. I a little over half way and it has just picked up to the action. Mr.Bishop has so far spent the first half of the book letting me  get to know the female protagonist, Jane Harper. I find that so far I like her. I will let you know when I am done if I still like her.I am reading it on my Kindle, who I am currently having a love affair with, and I have not skipped any pages at all. Here is the information on the book:
 In the frigid waters off the Arctic Ocean, north of Greenland, the anti-whaling ship, The Sentinel, and her crew face off against a harpoon ship in search of Humpback whales. When the two ships collide and a suspicious explosion sends both ships to the bottom, the crews take refuge on what they think is a peninsula attached to the mainland, but is actually an island, recently freed from a glacial ice bridge.
Seeking shelter, the two opposing crews scour the island for resources. Instead, they find Viking artifacts, the preserved remains of an ancient structure and a stone totem warning of horrible creatures buried in the island's caves. Facing violent, frigid storms, a hungry polar bear and the very real possibility that they are stranded without hope of rescue, Jane Harper leads the two crews, who must work together to defend themselves against an ancient evil upon which the modern stories of both zombies and vampires are based.
The original undead are awake and hungry. Beware the Draugar.
Its in the Horror Genre which is something I don't normally read. I am a fantasy chick. Here lately I felt like I was ready the same couple of books over and over again. Just change a couple of the "monster" and bam! Oh I digress ( I have ALWAYS wanted to say that in a sentence!) What was I talking about? Crap I forgot..anyway thats enough for today.. See ya around next time... Leave me a comment or two..










No comments:

Post a Comment